Friday, June 2, 2017

Casio G-SHOCK GXW-56BB-1JF BLACK OUT BASIC series Multiband 6 version model | KING SIZE

It is Saturday and I already filmed for today unboxing video. Since I got a couple of minutes of free time, why not write about it a little. Besides, this way I could share more photos. I like sharing photos of my collection! 😀

GXW-56BB-1JF



There it is. the newly acquired king size G-Shock. Check the unboxing and review video of it below as well. It is really going to help me out if you would hit the like and subscribe button while you're at it. 


Lets continue. This is another form of Master Of G series G-Shock that somehow didn't get much popularity among new collector. Not until this specific colorway was released though.




This model was already famous way before I started into collecting, I still can't figure out the actual reason why it was famous back then. As someone who are new to G-Shock I was really skeptical at first. Why does this big guy could costs so much but with less complications. 




Unlike recent released, this guy didn't have many cool functions despite being so big in size. After diggin into G-Shock archives from their site and a lot of reading, I found a little info about this piece inside one of the G-SHOCK Perfect Bible that I got. 




Unlike regular model, this guy actually had gone through a lot testing, military standard test. I don't know much about this testing, so I couldn;t give much comment. All I know is that this KING G-Shock is so high in quality and it deserve to be priced as it is. There are no gimmick when we are talking about this specific model.




You could feel the built quality even just by holding it on hand. Despite being made out of plastic base material, it still have the quality standard unlike most plastic watches. Casio explain that this piece has a bunch of layering to protect the module. I already showed and explained the detail about this in the video by the way.






Not gonna go into the details much as I'm not intended to do so in here. I'm going off topic here, my goal here is to just sharing photos of this piece to all of you guys. 😁



Speaking of OFF TOPIC, I have a friend who own a GD-X6900FB G-Shock, an almost similar type of model as this GXW56 model in their built quality, military standard test and use of material. My friend works in the hot weather every single day, he put on his GDX as soon he woke up to work and only remove it as he went to bed. He even have this 'watch marks' on his wrist skin for wearing it too long. The other part of skin gets dark from sunburn, the part where the watch is looks lighter. Back to the main story, since he rarely removed the watch while sweating a lot from all those harsh hot environment, the watch actually broke. That is surprising to me as well since a GDX series was made to last at least 10 years.



 By broke I mean,"mode" button shaft had bent, "G" button sink and stuck, and the "O-Ring" had corroded. This O-Ring issue had lead to other issue as now the sweats are able to seep into the watch. The hard case starts to became 'oily' (this mostly happen to vintage piece as plastic begin to expires). There are some blackish thing leaks out between the backplate. This blackish thing damage the interior module specifically the display connector, a part that connect the display and electronics engine. I tried to open and clean up all these mess but the damage had been done, the display can't be fixed anymore. A part of the display are now won't light up. The other part still could be saved though. LUCKILY.



"All G-Shock are special in their own way" - GHF 2017 😀


Whatever the cause there, I'm pretty sure it could be stop if the model has a fully guarded case. As in the built of a Mudman or as this GXW-56 model. I guess that why Casio keep producing these type of model. There is always a model that is made for certain type of people. The point to all this is make sure you know your needs before you decided which model you would like to get.


"Know your G-Shock" - GHF 2017 😀 


Anyway, back to this model, The retail price for this piece is pretty high which is about 28,000JPY + 8% tax. If you're low on the budget, Casio also released a non-multiband 6 version of it that going to cost way lesser than that. 



Here is the purchase link (US)

GXW-56BB-1JF Multiband 6 version :
GX-56BB-1JF non Multiband 6 version : 


Pick one based on your budget and needs. For me, I would go with the higher end because the fact that it has was more higher re-sell value just in case I plan to sell it back in the future. Besides, the MB6 model is way more collectible in the collector community. 



This guy was released back in 2016 but still available up to date so I guess it won't be that to get one anywhere but just remember not to get FAKE. The all black colorway makes it easy for the production of fake model and they are pretty hard to tell just from poster photo online. The easiest way is by testing the function of course, A genuine product will have the tough solar built on it for solar charging and also a full auto light feature. That;s the easiest way to test their legitimacy for beginners.




Thats about it for this article. Thanks for visiting everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment